Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Deactivated....For Now

Today I made a decision. I woke up with this strong urge to just do it. I've been toying with the idea for a very long time but could never bring myself to actually going through with it.

I deactivated my Facebook account. Gasp! What?! Yep, I did it. Granted, it is not a deletion and my account is still there, just in "sleep" mode. Just slumbering away waiting for me to get the itch to activate it again.

Why did I do it? I needed the break. Plain and simple. I found myself so deeply connected to Facebook that I became attached to it. Yes, it is a great medium to keep in touch with friends and family. So much so that in fact, I got a call from my best friend when I sent her a private message asking me why and telling me that Facebook was one of the greatest ways for her and I to keep in touch. It makes me sad but I know that we can still talk through other forms but Facebook really was the easiest. It is a great way to meet new and interesting people. I have made some amazing friends on Facebook with wonderful ladies I have never even seen in my life but have come to know them so well. I met these ladies through our love of reading. I will miss them and our relationship greatly. It is an awesome way to get great deals and freebies on products.  I will go back eventually. I just need the break.

Have I missed it? Heck yeah, I have. But I have been strong in not going back and simply putting in my email and password. It is that simple to reactivate. However, right now, I won't.

This break will allow me the opportunity to refocus on what's important; on what I want to do with myself. I will get there. I know I will. It is just a matter of time and determination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :-)