Friday, December 7, 2012

Absolutely Positive

Absolutely Positive

Recently, I celebrated a birthday, I turned 3?. I said two things: One - I will remain 3? from now on; and two - this will be the most Absolutely Positive year of my life. Why? Because I said so and I will it to be so. Whew... that is a huge feat to accomplish. But you know what? I can do it. I can make it happen. How can I make that happen? For one thing, I can't depend on anyone else to be positive for me. I have to do it for myself.  

Almost everyday, in one form or another, I come across something referring to thinking positively. Sometimes I need it and other times I think to myself "ugh, not again". But, as I write that, I think to myself, why "ugh, not again"? Why not take that positiveness and run with it? 

There is so much negative in the world today. I see it via shared posts on several social media sites. They break my heart and I wouldn't want to share that hurt with others. I do, however, love sharing posts that make me smile, brighten my day or literally make me laugh really hard. Love it!

I will say that staying positive is a very hard thing to do. I won't lie. There are times when I want to have a one person pity party. Sometimes I overcome it and other times I don't. On those times that I don't, all I want to do is runaway to my imaginary cave, hide in there with a book, coffee or coca-cola and read. Just read. Then, reality strikes. I can't do that. I have to suck it up and deal. This is when I have to rely on maintaining a positive mental attitude. If not for myself, then for my family. If I'm not happy, it shows in my actions towards them. 

Being positive helps me look toward the future and know that everything will be okay. Faith has helped me with that as well. I know that I will have struggles but I won't fail because my faith tells me so.

I recently came across an article that outlined some way for thinking happy thoughts. This article was written by my friend and Godmother to my boys. I will share the article and think back on it when I am feeling weak and having a hard time thinking positively. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Thinking Happy Thoughts for a More Stress Free Life by Robie Benve

2 comments:

  1. Dianne, there is something in this that made me really think. Well you know how we got rid of cable (primarily to cut back on expenses) but to also eliminate a traffic of negative energy. I find it so ironic that by picking up the computer and attempting to have a sort of semi-personal relationship with others, it seems like many comments sections are so full of real negativity, worse than what you'll find on television. So it makes what you are doing with this blog especially extra important to the world around us! I can't be more happy for what you are sharing with the world. Knowing you personally, I get to experience your blessings everyday, but the world needs more of you!!
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... Thank you so much. I am trying. Like I said subtle changes in my self to be able to help and share with others. You too have been a a huge blessing in my life. I love you dearly and I am so glad that we met about 9 years ago doing something we both are passionate about. Thank you for always being friend.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :-)