Monday, April 7, 2014

On My Reading List

I'm you're like me, you have a never ending reading list. I'm a book hoarder and I'm proud to say it. I love my books. I love my reading. There's not a day that goes by without me reading, even if it's just one page of a book.

The e-reader and reading apps have been the best inventions ever, for me at least. I have books on my Nook app, my Kindle app, my Google Play Books app, my Aldiko app and other several e-reading apps. It's to the point where I sometimes don't know what to choose to read. Luckily, because I review books, the choice is taken away from me.

Currently, I'm reading Spark by K.C. Stewart.

Copywriter by day, nerd by night, Hailey Holloway is living the post college dream. Her life may not be flashy and exciting but it’s enough for her. After a late night at work, Hailey stumbles upon two Dragons brawling in the middle of Philadelphia. In an act of kindness and lapse of sanity, she comforts the Dragon who was left behind to die. In doing so she inadvertently invited the soul of Dacea into herself for safe keeping. Hailey just wants to live her life as simply and quietly as possible but with the voice of a disembodied Dragon in her head, she has little hope of achieving her goal.

Dacea will do anything to be free of Hailey, a human who is moments from checking herself into a psychiatric ward. He is grateful to be alive, but at what cost to his sanity? The Dragon world is in upheaval. Green is at war with Red, and he is of no use to anyone while stuck with Hailey.

The solution to their problem is not without its risks. But just how far will Hailey go to be free of the Dragon?





Next, I have to Patience by Sydney Lane.

Jenna Ryan is the kind of girl everyone wants for a friend. Her spunky and carefree outlook on life often leads to trouble of the best kind. She's not afraid to speak her mind, and when it comes to her friends, she's fiercely loyal and protective. When she met Eric, she knew immediately he was her forever, but why was he holding back?

Eric James is the epitome of a Greek God. He parties hard while trying to meet the expectations of his overachiever parents. When he met Jenna, sparks flew, and he knew he'd met his match. 

But Eric is hiding a small secret. When Jenna finds out, these two will embark on a wild and hilarious journey to torture each other into submission.

Who will win? And who will learn the true meaning of... Patience?

***Patience is a Jenna and Eric novella with approximately 30k words. It can be read as a stand alone but is much better after reading Choices or Fate.




Spark is a good book so far. I'm really enjoying it. I'll have my review up once I'm done with it.

Patience should be a good book. I've read both Choices (you can read my review of Choices here) and Fate. Both were good stories. So, I'm looking forward to reading Patience.

This blog post is day 7 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge that I'm doing.


/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :-)