Thursday, July 25, 2013

Busy as a Bee with Book Reviews!!!!

Wow! Wow! Wow!

Let me say that again, Wow!

Okay, now that I have your attention, I hope, I have to fill you in. These past few weeks, amidst tragedy that befell my family, has been a very busy time for me.

About a month or so ago, I'd signed up with The IndieView and requested to be approved and added to their list of book review blogs. My request was approved and I granted an interview (my IndieView Interview). I loved answering the questions and letting others read how I approach interviews and what my thought process is. Luckily, I'd set up a new email address just for book review requests because not too long after, the influx of book review requests started coming in.

I was completely overwhelmed and floored. Overwhelmed in a good way though and I'm certainly not complaining. I'm not sure if authors are requesting book reviews just to request them or if they took the time to read some of the reviews on my blog to see if I'm a fit for them. I hope the latter. The review requests got to the point where I had to start turning down a few. I'm looking, right now, at October for posting reviews on my blog. The last thing I want is to get burned out with reading. So, I decided to just take it as it is and enjoy myself. Really enjoy myself.

I also started with with Sharon Hannaford, author of the Hellcat Series as an assistant to her. It's non-pay, which is fine by me. I want the experience and I'm doing something I enjoy tremendously. I'm grateful and thankful to her for taking the chance on me. I did a review of A Cat's Chance in Hell here. I enjoyed the book and happy that I was granted the opportunity to help out.

So, being the person that I am who likes to bite off more than I can chew, sometimes. I have decided to add two sections to my blog: Reader Guest Reviews (still working on a catchy name) and Inside the Writer's Mind (still working a name as well), an interview section. I've done interviews on my blog before but they have been questions and answers given to me. I'd like to personalize it more but it'll take some thinking on my part for the questions. I don't want the questions to be your run of the mill type questions yet don't want them to be too challenging either. I'll see how that works out.

Once I have my thoughts gathered on both new sections of my blog, I'll share with everyone but for now, that's all I have.

I just have to say that I am completely happy and feel like I have found some purpose. My year started off eh and it's looking like it's shaping up to be a nice one. I never thought that writing would be something I would do, well, writing reviews and sharing my thoughts on a blog, but I'm happy to be doing so.

To all who have read my reviews and continue to do so THANK YOU!!! It means a lot that you find value in my words.

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :-)