Sunday, September 29, 2013

Book Review of The Sceptre of Storms by Greg James



The Sceptre of Storms
The Age of Flame - Book 2
by Greg James




Synopis:

THE SEQUEL TO NUMBER ONE AMAZON BESTSELLER, THE SWORD OF SIGHS.

The armies of the Fallen One have invaded the Three Kingdoms. A traitor sits upon the throne of Highmount. Malus, the Necrodragon, has been unleashed to lay waste to Seythe. The only hope left is Sarah Bean. But she has disappeared. Will she return and fulfil her destiny as the Living Flame? Or will she let the armies of the Fallen One conquer Seythe and plunge it into the Age of the Shadow forever?


What others had to say about The Sceptre of Storms:

"With a fluid, dark writing style, James’ words make you feel like Gandalf, or maybe Sean Connery, is narrating masterfully to you as you read." - Books with Verve Review

"I was completely engrossed in this book and I can't wait for the next one. Very entertaining read." - Booze & Books Blog Review


Title: The Sceptre of Storms
Series: The Age of the Flame
Author: Greg James
Publisher: Manderghast Press (June 6, 2013)
Format: Mobi; ePub
Location(s) Available: AmazonBarnes and Noble; Apple - iTunes; Kobo






***I received The Sceptre of Storms in exchange for a review.***

The Sceptre of Storms is the continuation of The Sword of Sighs - The Age of the Flame series.

I have to say, if you want a book that is true fantasy, this is a book for you. The Sceptre of Storms picks up right where The Sword of Sighs left off. The main character, Sarah, learns how to believe and trust in herself. She becomes a fierce warrior, not in the physical sense, but in the sense that she follows her instincts and does what is right even when faced with tragedy and betrayal. I love how the character is strong and still carries on even when the burden laid upon her is a heavy one.

While reading The Sceptre of Storms, it played in my mind like an epic adventure full of beautiful and wondrous worlds and beings. The world that Mr. James builds is like no other I've read or seen. Some of the creatures he depicts in the story are some I've never read of before. I found that very refreshing and frightening. Very happy they don't exist.

The Sceptre of Storms is very unique and I LOVED that. Everything about this story will leave you at the edge of your seat. You may think the story will take you one way but it takes a different and wonderfully surprising path.

When I started reading The Sceptre of Storms, I was in a small reading slump, I was reading but was eh...however, this book got me out of it because I could not put it down and wanted to know what was going to happen.

As far as ending goes, this story left me emailing Mr. James and asking what in the world was he thinking!!! I need book three immediately so I can know what will happen.

Do I recommend The Sceptre of Storms? You bet I do. It's not a fluff piece with words just thrown together. It's a wonderful tale with that will take you to a place far away from here and show you a world full of adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :-)