Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Messing Around with My Blog

Lately, I've been trying to soak up and learn as much as I can about blogging and all it entails. It's been a process. It can be confusing and daunting at times. Yet, it can also be very fun knowing that you can do things with your blog.

I've attending several Google+ Hangouts where I've learned some tips and tricks about blogging and being a work at home mom. 

Same DiNamics started out, and really still is, as a place where I can share my journey (now adventures) into becoming a more better me yet remaining true to my core values and beliefs. Same DiNamics has now evolved into a place where I share book reviews and my crocheting projects. 

My goal, as of now, is to eventually make some additional income via blogging. I need to contribute somehow to our family, financially. Obviously, it won't be anything close to an income earned through a job outside the home but it can help to finance family vacation and needs or wants. Something is better than nothing, right? I'd like to start doing product reviews and work as a virtual assistant, preferably to authors but I'm not picky. 

In my quest to reaching my goal, I need to make my blog attractive. Same DiNamics has had many face lifts over the course of 6 months. These face lifts have all been pre-designed templates provided by +Blogger. Today, for the first time, I created two headers/banners for Same DiNamics but used a template for the background. I like it, for now. Here are the two banners I made: 

This is the first one I made. It was too large to fit on the page. I like the buttons. 


This is the 2nd one I made and it fit nicely. This is the one I went with. 

I also changed around the font and colors of the links and such. I quite like how it looks. However, I know that in the future Same DiNamics will be getting another face lift. 

I used +PicMonkey to create my banners. It's free and quite easy to do. Share your thoughts. If you want to know how I did my banner and want a walk through, send me an email at diannevhunt@gmail.com. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :-)