Monday, June 10, 2013

Autumn Storm (The Witchling Series Book Two) Book Review





Synopsis:
A girl with no memory, hidden in plain sight... A boy with no hope, spiraling into Darkness... Only one knows the truth, and only one has the power to save them.

Autumn doesn't know why she remembers a boarding school she's never visiting, or why her reflection is sometimes that of a ghost named Summer. She struggles to recover her memories and understand the warning conveyed through her magick. Caught between the Turner twins, she isn't certain who to trust: Decker, the mysterious master of Dark, who makes her heart catch, or Beck, the cautious Master of Light, whose touch soothes her pain.

Unable to recover from Summer's death, Decker slowly surrenders to the Dark. The guilt he feels when he falls for Autumn - and betrays Summer's memory - drives him farther from the Light, until he completely loses control and takes the souls of Light witchlings.

As the protector of Light, Beck is caught between his allegiance to his twin and his vow to protect new witchlings. He must keep the Darkness from consuming his brother for if Decker fails, he'll take down the only person who has a chance of saving them all.

Title: Autumn Storm
Series: The Witchling Series Book Two
Author: Lizzy Ford
Publisher: Evatopia Press
Format: Paperback (404 pages); Mobi; ePub (256 pages)
Genre: Young Adult; Paranormal
Location(s) AvailableAmazonBarnes and Noble


Book Review

Another great story by Lizzy Ford. In Autumn Storm, Lizzy brings to close the story of Summer and Decker. Once again, we go on a wild ride of loyalty, honesty, love, betrayal and pure evil in the form of crazy. There's even a fantastic fight scene that keeps you plugged in.

In the end of Dark Summer, I was left wondering how the heroes were going to win. Lizzy did a fantastic job at bringing their story back to life, drawing me in and filling me with emotions.

We still see the arch nemesis that is Dawn. Oooh.. she makes my blood boil. I've read countless stories where the villain is super evil and you can't help but hate them, right? Well, I don't think I've ever wanted a villain be killed off in a story as much as I wanted Dawn to be out of the picture. Hmm... there's still hope.

Just when I think the story is over, several new characters are introduced. I must say that I loved how they were all introduced. It fit nicely into the story. I really think that I am going to like the new feisty red head that will surely take over when the next book Winter Fire come out. I cannot wait!

Do I recommend this book? I do. It's a really great YA story of the supernatural that will keep you at the edge of your seat or rather up at night trying to get as much as you can in one evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :-)