Saturday, October 12, 2013

Undivided Mom Book Review

Recently, I joined a Facebook group called (in)terrupted - Work at Home Moms. This group is for mom who work at home in whatever capacity they work in. It's a group for Christian women encouraging and engaging with each other in a positive and Christian way.

I've always believed that I'm placed exactly where I need to be for a reason. Whether I seek out these placements or I come across them, accidentally, on my journey in life. This is another instance of being in the right place at the right time.

One of the leaders of the group, Kayse Pratt, wrote a book called Undivided Mom. I was interested in reading it and reached out to her. Being that I also do book reviews, we agreed an exchange of the book for an honest review.


Synopsis: 

Undivided Mom is a devotional for moms who feel distracted, pulled in a million different directions, and really just desperately need Jesus to keep them from losing their ever-loving minds. It’s about mothering with a vision, with a purpose, for His glory, and through His strength.
This is a book for anyone who is longing to find a glimpse of Christ in the chaos of everyday motherhood.
It’s for you. For me. For all of us.

You can purchase a copy here. You can also visit Kayse Pratt for more information on the book. 



At times, we all feel undivided, no matter how organized we are, in trying to prioritize our lives. We all feel it. We sometimes struggle with what's important and what needs to get done when and how quickly. Undivided Mom is a 14 day devotional book that talks about real life experiences and how we can feel undivided as a mom. Most importantly it talks about what we can do to center our selves and bring back to focus what's important, motherhood. 

In the midst of my current journey, Undivided Mom was exactly what I needed to read. Undivided Mom can be read in one sitting. I did more than one because at times when I felt I had a moment to read, that is when my children needed me. So, in the spirit of trying to not be undivided, I set the book down and spent those few moments with my children when they needed me. The book can also be read on a daily basis, reading one chapter per day and reflecting on what each chapter touched upon.

I like that Mrs. Pratt used verses from the Bible to help bring across a message to us and also used her real life experiences. Knowing that there is someone else out there who feels as undivided as you but still perseveres and carries on with what's important, is reassuring. 

Do I recommend this book? You bet I do. If you need motivation, understanding, guidance, answers and the knowledge that someone else out there knows exactly how you feel, pick this book up. Once finished you will feel lighter and more confident in your knowledge of knowing that you are doing what's best for your children and striving to be an Undivided Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :-)