Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sulking

Every once in a while, I get in a bad mood. We all do. It's part of our human nature to do so.

What matters is how we deal with those moods. For the most part, I don't like being in a funky and negative mood because it really just bogs you down. It can sour your whole day and I really don't like that.

BUT, there are times, when I just give in to those moods. This is one of those days. I don't feel like fighting my mood, so I will just sulk. Eh... it's okay. I think it is healthy to accept the mood you are in and give in to it. The key, is not taking it out on others. Whew.. that is hard cause when you're unhappy for whatever reason, you want to make others unhappy too and EVERYTHING just bothers you.

Children are lucky cause when they have a tantrum, they have a tantrum. My youngest can get like this. I validate his feelings but send him to his room to deal with it. He takes control of himself and comes out when he is much better. That really works. So I will take my cue and have my figurative tantrum and own it.

For now, I will give in to it and crochet or read or watch something on Netflix until it goes away and I start feeling better. I know it will cause my funky moods don't last for long.

All that being said, happiness is a state of mind and only me can make it happen or allow it to happen to me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :-)