Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Book Review: Liv's Existence






First of a two part series. 

Olivia 
Ten years. 
Countless miles. 
I thought I had run far enough away that he’d never find me. The man who destroyed my sense of safety and introduced me to the evils of the world came back looking for forgiveness. How can I forgive him when I haven’t forgiven myself? I look at his fiancĂ©e and wonder how she could love a man so cruel. However, the closer I look at her, the more I realize that maybe she doesn’t love him after all. What has he done to her? I have to find out. 

Abigail 
Many tears. 
Countless men. 
I thought I’d found the one man who wouldn't break my heart. Two weeks before our wedding day, he came clean with his dirty past and shattered our future. He’s asking me to still love him, but how can I love a man so cruel? I look at the woman he destroyed, and I feel compelled to do everything I can to help her. I know what it’s like to be broken by this man. Can I help her to live life again instead of just existing? I have to find out. 

Ages 18+ due to adult situations and violence. Some situations may be difficult for some readers.



***I received a copy of the book in exchange for a review.***

When I first started reading Liv's Existence I didn't know what to think or the direction the book was going. As I continued reading and getting to know the central characters, Liv and Abigail, I couldn't help but invest myself in their stories. 

B.L. Mooney gave these characters life, substance and a reason to have their story heard. At first, I wanted to reject the idea that I could somehow relate to these incredible women, especially Liv. I didn't feel worthy to hear Liv's story and empathize with her. However, as I read Liv's story, I began to understand the pain, suffering and struggles that she's had to endure.  While in Liv's existence we only read of Liv's story, we still get a glimpse into what Abigail's life has been like.  Each of their story were different yet bound forever by one human being. 

These women were forever linked and through that bond they were able to help each other survive and overcome unimaginable acts committed against them.

Towards the end, I couldn't tear myself away from the story. I needed to know that everything was going to be okay. My heart ached for Liv and I so desperately wanted to see her become the strong woman she could be. I cried like I would if a friend of mines endured what Liv has endured. I cried for Liv and for her will to live. 

I will say that Liv's Existence is not for the faint of heart. It deals with real, everyday topics that some women struggle with and are sometimes afraid to speak out against.

Do I recommend this book? Oh, I do. I really do. My only suggestion is to make sure there is a box of tissues available near you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :-)