Thursday, April 28, 2016

Inside the Writer's Mind with Angela Biera



Another great installment of Inside the Writer's Mind with Angela Biera. She's the author of Haywire and Highwire, of the Haywire Series; and the author of A Second Chance.
If you'd like to catch up with her and learn of latest book news, follow her on:
You can also purchase her book on Amazon:

















Same DiNamics Books: Writing can be a daunting prospect, what made you decide to share your story with the world?
Angela Biera: I fell in love with Colleen Hoover when she first published as an Indie author. I read her story and thought you know what I have been wanting to write let’s do this. So I went and borrowed my parents’ laptop and started on my very first novel.



SDB: Who has influenced you as an author?
AB: Colleen Hoover has without a doubt been my inspiration.


SDB: What is your writing method? Do you outline first or do you purge your brain on paper until your story is told?
AB: When I begin a novel I start on chapter 1 and just let the ideas and the story flow. I can’t outline or brainstorm before. For me that just messes with the natural flow of the story from my head to paper.


SDB: How long does it take you to write your story, from getting it down on paper to publishing?
AB: Normally about 4 to 6 months.



SDB: Can you tell me a little bit about your book(s) without giving away too much? Why should I read it?
AB: As an author I like to make you fall in love with my characters. I want you to forget you are reading a book and I want to feel like this is your best friend. I write contemporary romance novels that are packed with an emotional roller coaster. I like to make my readers feel all of the feels when they read my novels.


SDB: How much of yourself is in your character(s)?
AB: The main character in my first novel has many things that are from me. I honestly didn’t realize I was doing that until after my mother and best friend read it. Then I went back and was like you know what she is a lot like me.


SDB: What advice would you give to an aspiring author?
AB: This is a very hard business to be in. If you are trying to do it for the money then don’t do it. If you are doing it for the love of writing then you should go for it. Being an author is not a get rich industry. It takes so much time, energy and heart. You have to be in it for the love.


SDB: Is there anything else that you'd like to share?
AB: Thank you for taking the time to do this interview. Indie authors rely on word of mouth and reviews as their oxygen. So thank you for this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :-)