Monday, February 17, 2014

Book Review of The Stone of Sorrows





Synopsis:


**AN AMAZON DARK FANTASY & COMING OF AGE TOP 50 ADVENTURE!** 

Armies of Fellspawn march upon Highmount. The Iron Gods have awoken from their slumber. E’blis, the Prince of Pain, is preparing a very special sacrifice to raise the Fallen One from his tomb. Sarah Bean must beseech the Kay’lo to join the war and help her to save Seythe from total destruction. Will they agree to help her? Can Highmount survive such an onslaught of evil? Or will this be the beginning of the end for the Thirteen Worlds? 

NB: This novel is recommended for mature young adults as it contains occasional bad language and occasional scenes of a graphic nature. 

The complete Age of the Flame trilogy is now available from the Kindle Store: 
The Sword of Sighs 
The Sceptre of Storms 
The Stone of Sorrows


Buy Links: 



***I was given this book in exchange for a review.***


The Stone of Sorrows is the third installment in the Age of Flame trilogy. What a fantastic conclusion to Sarah Bean's story. 

The Stone of Sorrows picks up right where The Sceptre of the Storms finished. When I started reading it, I didn't know how Sarah could become an even better hero than before. She grows more into who her destiny calls her to be. 

One of the things I enjoyed about this book was that not only is the story about Sarah but about another integral character in the story. The switch in point of view between characters was done flawlessly. Without being told, I knew who's head I was in. 

As I was reading this book, it played out like a movie in my mind. I felt like I was transported to this magical, fantastical world where good battles evil. The journey that Sarah Bean goes on is one that I felt I was traveling right along with her. You could feel her struggles, both internal and external. You could also feel the moment where she decides to fully accept her destiny and become the hero that Seythe needs. 

Do I recommend this book? Yes! Especially if you've read the first two stories. If you haven't, I'd recommend reading all 3 books in succession so as to fully grasp the story and its awesome epicness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :-)